Tuesday 10 June 2014

Up close and personal



One of the many wonderful things about 3 Fishes is the control I can place over her. And lets face it how many of us have any control over anything female! She is a fabulous boat and with her feminine lines and stunning good looks other vessels in the harbour are very much the ugly sisters! Although I'm happy to admit that we all love our own boat, dog, baby, intimate body parts etc!

Anyway back to the point- control. With the kind of control that I able to place over 3 Fishes I am able to put her in some real tight spots and its the real tight spots that often hold bass! I've learnt that her twin Suzuki's are both quiet and responsive allowing positive but near silent low rev manoeuvring and thus I can put her nearly anywhere.

Yesterday I took the excellent Australian lure caster Korg out on the lures. We caught, as those of you that follow my facebook page will have seen. And truth be told (and I always do; tell the truth) we didn't get the fish in the tight spots. The thing is we could have and we tried. I knew from the outset that I could not offer the fishing that Korg is able to enjoy in his 'land down under where women glow and men thunder' (are you old enough?). No there was no way in this world was I ever going to give him 20kg Spanish Mackerel, 40 kg Yellow Fin Tuna (note the T Shirt) etc.



But what I could give him was the most stunning of fishing surroundings. I think; no I will go further than that and state, I know that he was in awe of what he saw. The beautiful, stunning, dramatic Welsh coast line up close and so personal that at times he could have stepped off 3 Fishes and onto the rocks! I put him in places where no one has ever fished before (lie many of my clients have) but I tell you this for sure. No one, not modern man or ancient man will have ever stood let alone cast a lure to!

And that's the magic of 3 Fishes she can do time travel. Or at the very least she can take you to places to throw lures that are truly unexplored!

No comments:

Post a Comment