Friday 21 February 2014

Pretty aren't they?


I love the look of treble hook guards. They are sexy, you have to admit it. They are a new necklace for your misses. Nice to buy, good to put on, looks great on and even nicer to take off! But that my friends is where the parallel ends because they are a waste of money. Sorry but they are and I'll tell you why.

Its nothing to do with their actual design function, as they do as they should. They cleverly protect your hooks from fleshy things like fingers, clothes and from blunting themselves on everything they rub against. In every respect they are a Ronseal piece of kit. They do exactly what it says on the tin.

And then they do one thing further that you really do not want and do not need. They create the dogs b8llocks of a perfect environment for your hooks to rust in. You may as well wrap your very expensive trebles in a salt bath and then warm it gently until it reaches the critical temperature where the chemical reaction known as rusting happens even quicker!

I have learnt this lesson and nice guy that I am, I'm happy to share it in order to save you £'s. A nice airy lure box with individual containers is the place to keep your lures safely. Always rinse them in cold water after use, always air dry them somewhere warm and always reload them in a nice dry lure box.

I'm giving away my treble hook guards so that I can not succumb to their temptation. The first person to ask for them by commenting here (you'll have to be fishing with me this season so I can hand them to you) will have them. But don't be tempted, no matter how sexy they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment